Monday 12 September 2011

Purple Rain

Good evening peeps!  First things first......  How gorgous is this image?? She is called 'Let it Rain', one of the new releases over in Saturated Canary's Etsy Shop.   If you haven't seen them yet get yourself over there and be prepared to part with your cash because you won't be able to help it!
I was already aware of the challenge on Make it Colourful which this week is to colour with purple and another challenge from Charisma Cardz which is to make a card inspired by a song.  So when I saw this image it just jumped at me.....  I instantly thought of 'Purple Rain' by Prince.  Yeah its an oldie, but its still a goodie!!!  Purple is one of my favorite colours and seem to have coloured so much with it lately.  (I always seem to use more purple around Halloween anyway).  With such a beatuiful image I wanted to keep things quite simple.  So she is just mounted on purple card from my stash.  I have used a chipboard bookplate from Tando creations (coloured purple to match) with just a simple 'Miss you' stamp.  I used the same card to again with some white mesh (no idea what it is called, sorry!) for the underlying stripe.  I finished the card off with a couple of diamond crystal head pins from Create and Craft and 3 purple drops. 

I would like to enter this into the following challenges
I hope you like
See you soon
xxxx

8 comments:

  1. Purple rain is fab for this image, and youve made a great card! Thank you for joining us at Charisma!
    Emma x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect image for a perfect song!
    And perfect colouring too!
    Thanks for playing along with us at Charisma this week.
    Good luck.
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A gorgeous creation, love the colour choice and thank you for sharing with us at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge
    Hugs Kate
    PS I have some candy if you are interested :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such an adorable image !! Love how you have coloured her too.
    Thanks for sharing with us at One Stitch At A Time for our 'Anything Goes' challenge. Good Luck !! Hope to see you back soon :O)
    Choccy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous thanks for sharing with us at OSAAT, hope to see you again, Gaynor :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow a gorgeous card hun! Thanks for playing along with our Anything Goes Challenge at Creative Inspirations Wednesday's Challenge Blog this week! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for joining our "Inspired by a song" challenge on SECRET CRAFTER SATURDAY CHALLENGE this week :)

    Hugs Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Trudie,
    WOW, she's gorgeous & your colouring is fabulous. What a wonderful card. Thanks for joining us at Secret Crafters this week.
    Hugs,
    Andie xx

    ReplyDelete