Friday 9 September 2011

Kenny K- Vintage/ Grunge

This is my entry into Kenny K's- Vintage/ Grunge Challenge.  I just adore the new Steampunk/Burlesque digital stamps (and I have to say they are a huge hit with the boys in my house aswell....... although for the life of me I can't think why that would be!!).  They take some serious concentation when colouring but so worth it in the end.  For this challenege I decided to use 'Atlantea',  I wanted to give the metal work a 'coppery' feel but being limited on copic and promarker colours at the moment I ended up using a 'burnt orange' PM along with a blending pen to add a touch of highlight.  To be honest I am happier than I thought I would be with the 'coppery' colour.  I coupled this with a denim colour and black rubber to achieve the overall look. 
I then did a google search for suitable images to go with her.  I knew what I wanted but I also knew that my drawing skills were not quite up to the challenge of what I was looking for.  I came across 'Steampunk Fish' by Vanessa Blair on Deviantart.  It was like this image had been plucked from my head and drawn just for what I wanted!!!  Even the colours matched.  I used a big chunky brad from 'Life's Journey' to use as the fish's big metalic eye.  The papers were from KandCo and I have distressed them with good old Walnut Stain distress ink.  The final touches are a gauze patch and a 'Journey' sticker. 
Here is a closer look at the beautiful Atlantea.
Hope you enjoy.  Have a lovely weekend and happy crafting xxxx


3 comments:

  1. Very cool! I love that mechanical fish in the background

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is gorgeous in the coppery color you gave here. I love the Steampunk Fish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards...such cute images...thanks for joining us this week at KKGC.....

    Hugs
    Judith

    ReplyDelete